WELCOME TO EXPLORER!
Welcome to Explorer Elementary School,
It is my honor to serve as Explorer Elementary School's Principal and I want to be the first to welcome you. Explorer is a very special place and we pride ourselves on partnering with families to create success for all students academically. Explorer has a strong foundational belief in serving both our school and our community. Our highly effective staff is here to support our school climate and culture where students love to learn.
Our school vision at Explorer Elementary School is that we strive to educate the whole child. Our aim is to create an inviting school community that supports each child's innate passion for learning. Our goal is to foster the development of responsible, effective, compassionate individuals who develop a strong sense of community service and appreciate cultures different from their own.
Explorer’s mission statement is to create a partnership in learning for students, staff, parents and community. We are dedicated to developing self-directed, life-long learners in a safe and nurturing environment.
Explorer Stakeholders believe:
1. In educating the whole child.
2. Each student can learn and is entitled to a comprehensive quality education.
3. Every student should be given opportunities to reach their fullest potential.
4. The learning environment should be supportive and productive.
5. In providing a safe and secure environment for all students.
6. In providing a variety of instructional methods and environments to promote learning.
7. In celebrating the diversity of our students, parents and community.
8. Students' needs, backgrounds, and interests are reflected in our learning program.
9. Learning connects strongly with communities and practice beyond the classroom.
10. That a child's education must involve families and the entire community.