Work Permit Information
ANY STUDENT UNDER THE AGE OF 18 THAT IS WORKING AT ANY TIME MUST HAVE A WORK PERMIT
Work Permit forms are available in the School to Careers office in Guidance.
Work Permit Instructions:
- If you are UNDER 16, you need to take the PINK work permit.
- If you are 16 or 17, you need to take the YELLOW work permit.
- If you are 18, you DO NOT need a work permit.
Instructions for filling out your work permit:
Section I: This section must be completed by the student.
Section II: This section must be completed by your employer.
Section III: This section will be completed by the School to Careers office AFTER you and your employer complete Section I & II and return it to the School to Careers office in Guidance.
Make sure every blank space is filled out correctly in BLACK INK.
- Work permits that are filled out correctly and turned in before 11:00 a.m. may be completed that day.
- Work permits that are not filled out correctly or are turned in after 11:00 a.m. may not by completed until the next day.
- Work permits turned in after 11:00 a.m. on Friday will not be completed until Monday.
Please be advised that it may take up to 48 hours to process your work permit. Please plan accordingly.
You may not start work until your work permit is completed and returned to your employer.
For more information about work permits go to:
http://www.michigan.gov and type “work permits” in the Search Box